Breaking the so called paper habit is not an easy task, it takes time and efforts to stop reaching for paper in any occasion. Since concerns as correspondence management, privacy and data security have already been taken care of by office automation tools, there is nothing else rather than just the habit.
Before hitting easily “”the print” button, we have to think, that printing in 90% of the cases is unnecessary. Printing for the sake of having a hard copy is a waste and does not add value to the process. Better review and proof reading on paper is something we reach out, without taking in consideration, that the screen provides us with better options for enlarging, locating, searching or correcting the text.
Another common issue at the office is the mindless photocopying. It generates piles of papers, multiplies the overproduction and results in a pure waste.
And here it comes the digital archiving and daily electronic document capture- powerful tools to break the paper habit at the office and change the “traditional way of thinking” of employees, by generating new paper- free routines. The employees will no longer be required to waste time and efforts to walk to printer or photocopying machine, on the contrary- they will become more focused and target- oriented. The security will increase, as confidential documents will no longer go in wrong hands. The paper cost will inevitably decrease, not to mention the environmental effect of such a step. New spaces at the office will become free and available, after removing the unnecessary loads of papers.
If you are ready to start breaking the paper habits in your organizations, contact us today and together we will make the things happen. It’s never too late to go paperless and go green- this is the future!
ADGAS Process Engineering & Energy Department is divided into three teams: Operation, Process and Energy. The vision of the department is to be recognized as a reliable and trusted competent department in shaping the efficient ADGAS Present & Future Operation. The department mission is to become the best-in-efficiency Process Engineering & Energy services department .
Challenges due to high volume of paper documents
Accessibility: Paper documents consumed the storage space quickly over time. Employees faced difficulties in allocating, sorting and identifying documents.
Productivity: Paper documents resulted in limited access to information of employees from the same team. Moreover, employees’ workload increased as they were trying to match up the documents with existing scanned copies or manually, entering the required data from the documents. These issues resulted from the poor quality of the existing scanned copies.
Security: Paper documents could leak out within the organization, since individual employees were able to access records and make copies without permission. Paper documents mean low security and lack of privacy.
How document digitization by 360 Solutions enhanced the business process management improvement within the department
Easy Access: Documents are accessible to all authorised employees. Employees can retrieve the documents immediately and share them with any other employee. This saves the knowledge workers’ time .
Searchable Text: A specific text can be searched within the documents, which significantly eases the searching process for required data.
Cost Savings: The cost for data storage of digitized documents is lower comparing to paper documents storage.
Security: The digitized documents can be encrypted by access controls through passwords and an authentication system.
“360 Solutions helped us move to a paperless office environment by digitally archiving our paper documents- now we can easily access and quickly retrieve any documents. “
Haitham Salmeen Abdulla,
Manager of Process Engineering & Energy Department- ADGAS
2. Preserving fragile materials and reducing the deodorization of the original documents. Important documents that need to be preserved over time are used very often. When they’re digital, they can be accessed from time to time, and again and they won’t get damaged over time because of the daily use.
3. Business Process improvement- Going paperless increases the efficiency and accuracy of your process while maintaining a lower cost than traditional documents.
4. Saving money and reducing costs-Storing physical paper costs money whether it’s on your company premises or offsite. Recover valuable hours lost in the daily search for information.
5. Immediate availability, Easy accessibility to employees – no wasted time trying to retrieve documents, instantly find a document. On the contrary- a physical (paper) document can only be accessed by one person at a time.
6. Images can be enlarged or enhanced for greater readability.
7. Copies can easily be sent via e-mail.
8. Images can be linked to more than one project or person.
9. Audit trail and preservation for the future, or in case of a natural disaster (flood, fire, etc.)
10. Security and compliance- Digitizing documents allows you to encrypt and secure data in ways that you cannot secure paper documents. Access can also be easily tracked and reported to compliance agencies.
11. Supporting educational and research activities.
12. Streamline work flow. Once a document is digital it can be a part of your document centric business process.
13. Improving customer service and allowing employees to work remotely.
14. Fulfilling strategic mission and goals of organizations. Improves the technical infrastructure and personnel.
15. Prepares for disasters- extra assurance if a disaster strikes.
Regardless the summer time and holidays just around the corner in the UAE, 360 Solutions has been receiving a lot of last minute requests from public and private organizations in the country for digital archiving of their paper documents and switch to paperless office environment. We are more than happy that the majority of companies in the UAE gradually embrace the green idea and make a definite decision to go paperless and join the “digital family” of 360 Solutions customers.
Due to the high demand, please be advised that you can use the live chat facility on our website to talk to one of our customer representatives, where you can directly share the details of your project requirements. Alternatively you can fill the pop up quotation request form, or send an e-mail to our Business Operations Manager, Mariyana Stankova, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are glad to help you go green, go paperless!
Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22 every year. Events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970.
360 Solutions welcomes all organizations in Dubai and UAE on April 22nd to find out how they can move to a paperless office. For visits and demos please contact us on: email@example.com.
Go Paperless! Go Green! Save the Earth!
Breaking the so called paper habit is not an easy task, it takes time and efforts to stop reaching for paper in any occasion. Since concerns as correspondence management, privacy and data security have already been taken care of by office automation tools, there is nothing else rather than just the habit. Before hitting easily read on →
Digitizing old documents is a very different process, comparing to the digitization of new recent documents. The process needs a very careful planning and a precise execution. What are the main challenges according to our experience? The paper is fragile, especially if stored without special care or affected by unfavorable weather conditions, especially humidity and read on →