360 Solutions completed the digital archiving at Engineering Services Department of ADGAS by digitizing its old documents as a final phase.
ADGAS Engineering Services Department
ADGAS Engineering Services department (ESD) in Das Island is a sole custodian and distributor of documents & drawings for all the ADGAS assets in DAS Island. ESD is divided into three section: Data management, Record office and Drawing office. ESD uses SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) and SPF tools (SPPID, SPI, SPEL and SP3D) by Intergraph for its engineering drawings and information. ESD stores the Modification files, the history of the LNG plant, in a library since 1975.
Challenges due to high volume of paper documents and especially old paper documents
- Rising volumes: The volume of the hard copy files in storage has been steadily rising.
- Space limitations: Continuous growth of paper documents caused space concerns.
- Weather conditions: Most of the paper documents, especially the Modifications files, got affected negatively by the weather conditions.
- Poor Quality: Some of the old documents ‘ quality started to get worse with the time.
- Accessibility: Poor accessibility as documents could not be found easy and fast or used by more than one engineer at the same time.
- Security: Paper documents mean low security.
ESD decided to go forward with document digitization and archiving
ESD decided to digitize its documents to properly organize, manage and store the data in Share Folders as its mission is to provide ADGAS users with the highest quality of document management services electronically in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner by utilizing the most advanced technology and solutions.
How document digitization enhanced the business process within the department
- Quick Access: Quicker access to documents means a quicker response from employees. This saved time and money.
- Storage needs reduction: The reduction of paper documents resulted in physical storage needs reduction.
- Preservation of old documents: Old documents are preserved and saved from further damaged, and available to use.
- Flexibility and Cost Savings: Because of quick access and storage needs reduction.
- Security: The digitized documents ensured better security throughout the organization.
“It has been pleasure to work with 360 Solution to digitize our Engineering Modification documents . We would like to thank you for your efforts in making the documentation paperless.
360 Solutions helped facilitating the transition from a large paper-based system to a more efficient electronic-based system. Now we are able to provide more quality and more efficient services to our internal stakeholder by supplying information at any time by fast retrieving.”